Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

21 weeks...

I'm now 21 weeks along and already getting: "WOW!! Your HUGE!! You look like your going to pop any day! When are you due?" (people really have no tact when it comes to emotional and yes, getting bigger, by what feels like the min. ,pregnant lady's) Then comes the best part, I then tell them I am due at the end of April. Well then they respond as one particularly special lady did, who seemed to have developed diarrhea of the mouth, with: "Oh, man!! Do you know how far away that is? You still have a long ways to go? That's still 5 months away! WOW! Are you going to have TWINS! It's got to be twins!! I thought you were going to say like next month BUT APRIL!! WOW!" REALLY LADY? How would you like it if I pointed out how fat you are and apparently for no particular reason are you fat but just to be fat and then go on and on and on about it!! UUGG!! Then I calmly always respond with nope there's just one in there. This always encourages another round of letting me know that I am just about as big as a house. When I'm about near tears OR to the point of punching them square in the face, you know which ever emotion is running high in me at that moment, do they finally STOP talking and wish me luck and walk off. I'm about ready to wear a tag around my neck that says: Yes I am pregnant, yes I realize I'm getting fat, No I'm not due until April, Yes I realize that's a few months away, NO it is not TWINS, PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT to the big onery pregnant lady unless you want a black eye. THANKS :)!! Maybe this will help get me through the next few months. Cause man, if I'm already this big, like people think, just wait 'till I'm really ready to pop! It won't be pretty.

4 comments:

Sharli said...

I can so picture you saying this Emilee! HaHa People seriously have no tact and need to shut their mouths! You handle it well though. I probably wouldn't be so nice!

Dani said...

Em, I think you are adorable pregnant! I'm sorry that people can be so foolish. My not-even-pregnant hormones just want to punch them; I can only imagine how your feeling. Keep smiling; it's almost Christmas! Love ya!

JODI said...

Ugh people are so inconsiderate! I'm sure the lady that was saying that to you was huge and she wasn't even pregnant. It's always that way. Some members just need to do there deposit and walk away, don't open your big fat mouth. (you can see this really bugs me too) Ü

Ben and Lindsay said...

oh pregnant emilee is my favorite! How funny that we were just talking about this at the luncheon! you are nice though...you need the onery pregnant Emilee to respond back! :-)