Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Happy Sweet 60!!

We surprised my mom with a "Sweet Sixtee" Party. It took me, my brother and dad 3 weeks to plan. We did have a little help from Sara all the way up in Oregon as well. And we must have been really sneaky cause we sure had her surprised!! We had the party at the church, so we got the Relief Society president invovled to get my mother over to the church so she wouldn't suspect anything. She Walked into a room full of people yelling surprise and then singing her happy birthday. I think she really enjoyed the party! Way to go us!

We has cupcakes and ice cream for the dessert. We also had little bowls of candy set out on all the tables. Cause my mom ALWAYS has bowls of candy set out on her counter. We set up a little brag table that had all her grandkids on it as well as a scrapebook she had done of her years of teaching:We had a really good turn out to the party! And me and Jordan didn't do too bad for our first major event. We only really messed up twice, good thing we have wonderful aunts, But 1st I forgot to invite my Grandparents, my mom's mom and dad..Ooops. On my behalf tho I kept thinking when can I get up there and give it to them so my mom doesn't know about it. And be fore I knew it it was 4 days before the party and my Aunt Laura was asking if we had invited them.. uh..no..ooops...But she told them about it and they were there..whew.. Second thing was we had planned to have water at the party for drinking. Well we got it all set up and neither of us and brought cups for the water.. good thing Aunt Kelley lives close and had a lot of cups on hand! I must also say thanks to all our cupcake makers! We hired on the family to make cupcakes, which helped us out a ton!! But all together it was a successful night!

No comments: