Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thankful for food...

Sunday was Fast and Testimony meeting for our ward. Well, it was getting close to the meeting being over when Vaughn asks if he could go up and talk. I was a little hesitant, but I didn't want to tell him no you can't go bear your testimony, I wanted to encourage him to WANT to bear his testimony. So I said "sure, but tell me what your going to say first". Then he just looked at me and said " Mom its going to be a surprise." And I shot right back and said " No son, no surprise you tell me first" Finally he said "I'm going to say I'm thankful for food!" I thought that was a pretty good start so I tried to give him a few other ideas like: I love my family, Im thankful for my friends, I love jesus..etc..etc.. So then off he went with his dad to bear his testimony. Bran let him walk up on the stand all by himself.. this made me really nervous.. you NEVER know what Vaughn is going to say... But he sat down quietly in the chair and waited his turn. Then he walked to the front and all by himself said " Im thankful for food. We are allergic to weeds. I like Mac' N' Cheese. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen." Not to shabby for a 3 year old eh? Atleast he ended with "In the name of Jesus Christ Amen!"

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Little vaughn makes me laugh! I love the family pics. She did a good job!

Christie Climb said...

ha ha! love it!

Tyson and Emily said...

love the family pics...love the story...and p.s. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair!! :)